Goondiwindi State High School, Goondiwindi
Name: Goondiwindi State High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: 3 Sandhurst Street
Region Darling Downs - SW Queensland
Phone: (07) 4671 3355
Fax: (07) 4671 3293
Goondiwindi is located at the junction of six national highways on the Queensland-New South Wales border. It is four hours west of Brisbane, and two hours from Toowoomba, Warwick and St George.
The town is a major service centre, and is noted for its:
* Futures focused farming
* Sustainable agricultural philosophy
* Progressive and innovative local government that values our school
* Active social community
Goondiwindi has a strong economy, as evidenced by:
* High number of building approvals
* High levels of agricultural production
* High occupancy rates of tourist accommodation
* Highest mean taxable income in the southern Darling Downs
* Lowest unemployment figures in the Darling Downs
Goondiwindi State High School services the town of Goondiwindi and the Queensland shire of Waggamba, as well as the western part of the shire of Inglewood.
A small number of students are drawn from adjacent New South Wales shires of Moree Plains and Yallaroi. Our school is strategically situated beside the Goondiwindi Training and Technology Centre and the Goondiwindi Indoor Sports Complex, and is adjacent to the Goondiwindi Cultural and Community Centre.
As a school at the centre of a rural community, we will continue to respond to the identified local economic, social and cultural needs to maintain our roles as a vital contributor to the future capacity of this community.