Kelmscott Senior High School, Kelmscott
Name: Kelmscott Senior High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: Cnr Third Avenue/Cammillo Road
State: Western Australia
Phone: 08 9495 7400
Fax: 08 9390 4082
Kelmscott Senior High School, with a population of 1600 students, is a school of opportunity offering a large range of courses and exciting specialist programmes together with outstanding facilities.
Academically, as measured by published league tables, Kelmscott Senior High School was ranked 24th in the state in 2004, out performing75a0of private schools. On an annual basis students are also ranked within the top percentiles in a large range national competitions.
Former students have achieved recognition in the fields of medicine, law, engineering, drama, music and sport. Successful former students now offer scholarships to current high achieving Kelmscott students.
A key aspect of the reputation of the school is the supportive pastoral care system, which is complimented by a well disciplined safe environment. Pride in the uniform and traditions of the school permeate the culture of Kelmscott Senior High School.
A number of programmes allow extended learning opportunities for students:
* Academic Talent programmes in Mathematics / Science and the Humanities - Academic Talent programmes enable talented students to interact with their gifted peers within the context of challenging courses. Students are selected for the programmes through a state-wide testing programme.
* Agriculture - The school farm provides an outstanding educational facility for practical scientific research.
* Athletics and Soccer - These school based specialist courses cover all aspects of the sports including coaching, officiating, theory and state level competition. Kelmscott Senior High School has won the annual public schools A Division Athletics Competition for the past three years.
* Languages other than English - The school specialises in foreign languages with students having the opportunity to study Japanese, French and German. A number of the students studying languages are involved in short term exchange programs to Japan, Germany and France.
* Music - The school hosts a large number of choirs, concert bands and specialist ensembles. Students also have the opportunity to participate in school musicals and Rock Eisteddfod productions.