Dalby State High School, Dalby
Name: Dalby State High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: 26 Nicholson Street
Region Darling Downs - SW Queensland
Phone: (07) 4669 0900
Fax: (07) 4662 5378
Dalby State High School, one of Queensland's finest public schools . At Dalby State High School all students are welcomed and supported. By choosing to enrol in our school you are committing to our school community's expectations that you will enthusiastically participate in the learning programmes we offer, comply with our Code of Conduct and engage in one or more of the extra-curricular activities designed to enrich your school experience and develop valuable skills.
Dalby High offers a rich array of learning programs that cater to the needs of all students. We pride ourselves on a very strong academic focus which encourages all students to achieve the very best results they can. Within this strong academic context students have access to:
* an excellent choice of subjects which lead directly to tertiary degree courses;
* an expanding vocational education programme and school-based Apprenticeship scheme and/or traineeships;
* a quality special education program for students with disabilities and learning difficulties;
* facilities which are well equipped;
* an enthusiastic and committed teaching and ancillary staff; and
* our no-nonsense discipline policy
Our school boasts a comprehensive support programme comprising:
* Guidance and career counselling
* Learning Support services
* Chaplaincy Service and School-based Youth Nurse
* Behaviour Management support service
* Community education counselling
Our school holds an enviable record in academic, cultural and sporting competitions. We have a strong performing arts programme, with its annual musical and school bands being well known in the district and througout the state.
Our school motto is "Seek the Truth" which is reflected in all student relationships with the school, their family, the community and the environment. Our ethos and enrolment numbers allow every student to participate, contribute and be involved.