East Loddon P-12 College, Dingee
Name: East Loddon P-12 College
Type: Primary and Secondary School
Address: Dingee Road
Region Loddon Campaspe Mallee
Phone: (03) 54368300
Fax: (03) 54368321
East Loddon P-12 College draws its clients from a large area with all but a handful of students bussing into the school on 7 buses, from as far away as Mitiamo, Raywood, Serpentine, Calivil and Dingee.
East Loddon Consolidated School opened on the 6th February 1951, with an enrolment of 127 pupils to Grade 8. The Head Teacher was Mr J Henry and he had a staff of 4 assistants.
It was officially opened in 1954 when the attendance reached 201 pupils to Form 3. In 1973 the school was divided into the East Loddon High School and the primary section remained the East Loddon Consolidated School. In 1975 it was envisaged that the school would become a 13 year school with an unbroken span of education from Year Prep to HSC. This was thought to be suited to the particular needs of the area.
The school has operated as a P-12 school since February 1977. In December 1987 an agreement was reached between the School Council and the Ministry of Education recognising the school as a single Unit P-12 school with an interim administration arrangement. In 1988 the secondary Principal was the P-12 Administrator.
East Loddon P-12 College has now been recognised as a formal P-12 College under the recently developed P-12 Agreement.