Goroke P-12 College, Goroke

Name: Goroke P-12 College
Type: Primary and Secondary School
Address: Main Street
Town: Goroke
Postcode: 3412
State: Victoria
Region Central Highlands Wimmera
Phone: (03) 5386 1024
Fax: (03) 5386 1283
Email: goroke.p12@edmail.vic.gov.au
Website: www.gorokep12.vic.edu.au
Pupils: 120

Halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide, Goroke P-12 College serves a small rural community approximately 70km west of Horsham in Western Victoria. Public education began in the Goroke district in 1885. Consolidation of the smaller rural primary schools of the district onto the Goroke site was complete in 1955, and the school was named as one of the original eleven P-12 Colleges in Victoria in 1990.

There are approximately 120 students, of whom 70 are primary and 50 are secondary.
The great majority of students we have here come from the Goroke Kindergarten and have therefore attended school in Goroke all their lives. We are particularly proud of the fact that we are a truly integrated P-12 College, in which staff from Primary and Secondary backgrounds have the same opportunities to be fully involved in College curriculum and administration. At this school, all teachers are involved in decision making and need to be prepared to work with students across the whole P-12 age range.

Goroke College is the largest employer in the town, and we see ourselves as a major resource for Goroke. The community is very interested in what we do, and we involve the community in our activities as much as possible.

For the Charterís three years, the Collegeís main charter priorities are numeracy and the development of our middle years program.


22 Schools in Central Highlands Wimmera, Victoria

Primary and Secondary School

Secondary School


QTS for teachers qualified in Aus. and NZ

The Department for Education have now confirmed that as of April 1st 2012, teachers whom have qualified in Australia and New Zealand will now be recognised as qualified teachers and awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England without being required to undertake any further training or assessment.

As well as being eligible to work in the UK, overseas trained teachers (OTTs) will need to have a fully recognised teaching qualification and, in some instances, registration from their country of origin. Teachers can apply for UK Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) by completing the following form:

QTS Application for Teachers from Australia and New Zealand.

For more information on how to gain QTS as an overseas trained teacher please visit the Department for Education's website by clicking here.

Teacher profiles


australian flagAustralian Secondary Schools Search

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales



South Australia

Western Australia


Northern Territory