Devonport High School, DEVONPORT
Name: Devonport High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: 91 Best Street
Region North West
Phone: (03) 6424 9461
Fax: (03) 6424 6621
Devonport High School is currently widely acknowledged and respected for the following broad characteristics:
1. Pioneering the use of an Intranet as a means of teacher moderated “on-line” delivery.
2. Consistent planning and application of all available resources to both physically provide and integrate information technology into the daily experience of students and; through persistent but sensitive provision of professional development, all teaching staff.
3. Sustained implementation of the broadest possible interpretation of an “open access” concept. This had not only included public use of the school building but, significantly, after hours, teacher supervised access for students, parents/other adults to our information technology centre and related resource centre.
4. Academic excellence with extension of gifted and talented students together with strong emphasis on acquisition of basic literacy and numeracy skills for all.
5. Excellent socialisation skills and development of sensitivity through high order experiences in the related arts and our Supportive School Environment (Devonport High School has been accepted as one of the six “Refocusing Supportive School Environment” schools in the state).