Sarina State High School, Sarina

Name: Sarina State High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: Anzac Street
Town: Sarina
Postcode: 4737
State: Queensland
Region Mackay-Whitsunday
Phone: (07) 4943 8111
Fax: (07) 4943 8100
Email: the.principal@sarinashs.eq.edu.au
Website: www.sarinashs.eq.edu.au
Pupils: 608

As the only provider of secondary education in the Sarina Shire, we are very mindful of the need to provide multiple and diverse pathways for the young people of our regional communities.  Our students come from a wide area - south 80 km to St. Lawrence, west to the Sarina Range, east to the beaches of Hay Point, Salonika, Grasstree, Campwin, Sarina and Armstrongs and as far north as the southern outskirts of Mackay City.

With an enrolment of just over 600 students, we are large enough to offer a broad curriculum yet small enough to have an environment where everyone can feel that they are part of the school community. Students who graduate from Sarina High leave our school with solid credentials – they are very employable.  About 20% of our graduating students continue their studies at a University, whilst the remaining 80% gain apprenticeships, traineeships or employment.

To reflect the employment destinations of our students, Sarina State High School offers an innovative academic curriculum as well as strong vocational and education training.  Our students are able to access full day programs at the Mackay TAFE as part of their studies.  Agriculture is a growing curriculum area, with an increasing number of students selecting Certificate level courses in Horticulture, Aquaponics and Animal Husbandry at the school’s new Agriculture precinct.

Strong and positive links have been developed within our local community.  An education from Sarina High is seen as an asset in the competitive youth job market.  Please explore our website and discover the fascinating world of Sarina State High School.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me by email, by phone or just drop in to the school.

Bill Pickering (Principal)

 

14 Schools in Mackay-Whitsunday, Queensland

Primary and Secondary School

Secondary School

Loading...

QTS for teachers qualified in Aus. and NZ

The Department for Education have now confirmed that as of April 1st 2012, teachers whom have qualified in Australia and New Zealand will now be recognised as qualified teachers and awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) in England without being required to undertake any further training or assessment.

As well as being eligible to work in the UK, overseas trained teachers (OTTs) will need to have a fully recognised teaching qualification and, in some instances, registration from their country of origin. Teachers can apply for UK Qualified Teachers Status (QTS) by completing the following form:

QTS Application for Teachers from Australia and New Zealand.

For more information on how to gain QTS as an overseas trained teacher please visit the Department for Education's website by clicking here.

Teacher profiles

Teachers

australian flagAustralian Secondary Schools Search

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Victoria

Queensland

South Australia

Western Australia

Tasmania

Northern Territory