Mackay State High School, Mackay
Name: Mackay State High School
Type: Secondary School
Address: 105 Milton Street
Phone: (07) 4957 9179
Fax: (07) 4957 9100
Mackay State High School aim:
• To foster a desire for learning together, supporting each other, creating our futures.
• To develop basic skills such as observation, reading, writing, speaking and listening, measurement and computation, methods of study, solution of problems, research and interpretation so that each child can completely explore his/her social, physical and spiritual environments.
• To develop the mental and physical skills of health, fitness and safety in order to provide a firm foundation for future living.
• To learn to accept social, economic and cultural differences - an appreciation and respect for others rights and their worth and dignity as individuals.
• To develop desirable characteristics of personality (sensitivity, humility, self-confidence, self-discipline and responsibility) and sound ethical and moral behaviour.
• To develop pride in work and a feeling of self-worth.
• To develop an understanding of self, of work environment, of society, of events of the time and of human behaviour.
• To develop "flexibility of mind" to enable students to cope with rapid technological change.
• To learn how to use leisure time effectively and to appreciate culture and beauty in the world.